This is a copy of the Middleham jewel which was found near Middleham castle in Yorkshire and dates from around 1460.
Fully engraved with images of the trinity on the front and nativity on the back. The front border has an engraved motto and the reverse border has images of the saints.
The back panel slides out to enable a reliquary to be put inside.
It is made from gilded silver with 12 round, 6mm cultured pearls around the edge and an 11mm Iolite cabochon on the front. The original was gold with a sapphire and also had enamelling in the engravings.
64mm x 48mm